Friday, November 7, 2008

Scripture on Fear

Lately, I've been journaling regarding fear. Fear can saturate much of our lives. Fear of failure. Fear of the future. Fear of fear. Here are some of my thoughts and supporting scripture.

Give it ALL to God. He does not want us to suffer. He wants to help us in our times of need.

Why we Suffer?

We need trials to help us grow in faith.

Romans 5:3-5

Exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Trials bring us peace and righteousness.

Hebrews 12:11

All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

Persecution reminds us our reward is in heaven.

2 Timothy 3:12

Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.

God will be there through it all.

Psalm 27:1

The LORD is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the defense of my life;
Whom shall I dread?

Proverbs 3:25-26

Do not be afraid of sudden fear
Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes;
For the LORD will be your confidence
And will keep your foot from being caught.

Isaiah 41:13


For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand,
Who says to you, Do not fear, I will help you.

God can turn what others do to you into something beneficial.

Genesis 50:20
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.

Redeemed,
Annette

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Great thoughts. It seems that especially as women, we are prone to succumbing to the sin of fear. I know I am anyway.

So many are quick to blame less than ideal events and circumstances on satan when in fact so often they actually come from God in His desire to draw us closer to Him. For that we should definitely give thanks.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
How as the concert?? Hubs was so disappointed we couldn't go. One of his friends even offered us free admission in exchange for taking tickets. Bummer. Maybe next time.

Courtney said...

How 'was' the concert, I meant. Oops.